It has been a while since the last BLOG post and that is because the Rustruct Consulting team have been working hard to put out a new ONLINE Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) training opportunity! We are pleased to announce that it is now complete and ready for enrolment!
This course is a self-managed awareness training opportunity. It is intended to provide organizations and individuals a basic overview of the concepts of information access and privacy in relation in Alberta’s privacy legislation. A certificate of completion will be produced upon completion of all lessons and a passing grade on the final quiz.
The Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) is Alberta’s private sector privacy law.
Applying to provincially regulated private sector organizations, businesses and, in some instances, to non-profit organizations for the protection of personal information and to provide an individual their right to access personal information under the control of the organization.
For public bodies, such as government departments and municipalities, please see the Freedom of Information and Protection (FOIP) of Privacy Training Course in the course option menu.
This course will equip you with an understanding of the the following:
- The Role of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC).
- Overview of PIPA (and its regulations) and who is applies to.
- Why (protecting) Privacy is important.
- Why (right to) Access is important.
- Mandatory Privacy Breach Reporting and How to do it!
- What Albertans/Canadians think about Privacy.
- How PIPA relates to Collecting Personal Information.
- How PIPA relates to Using Personal Information.
- How PIPA related to Disclosing Personal Information.
- Employees (records) and PIPA.
- PIPEDA and PIPA
- Quick Overview of FOIP (As it relates to PIPA)